Join us for an Trek
You can keep your self updated about our upcoming events by clicking on join button on facebook.com group page below is our link.
Do get in touch for any request via our Facebook page
Matheran is located about 100Km from Mumbai and 120Km from Pune. It lies on the busy Mumbai-Pune rail link and the nearest train station is at Neral, approximately 25 km from Matheran. From Neral, one can either rent a taxi (50 rupees for a shared cab, 250 for the whole car) to the enterance of Matheran. From the taxi stop at Matheran, one can walk to the city center or rent a horse (150-200 rupees per horse).
A meter gauge train or a toy train also operates from Neral station to the center of Matheran. Although, during the monsoons this becomes unpredictable and sporadic.
As the only "car free" hill station in Asia, Matheran is primarily traversed on foot, horseback or on the manual rikshaws.
Matheran is also known as the 'Chikkiland' One can shop for jaggery with nuts, etc, channa, peanuts, Mouth-watering fudge, etc. from Matheran.
Sight Seeing: Panorama Point, Hart Point, Monkey Point, Porcupine Point- for sunset, Louisa Point, One-Tree hill Point, Alexander Point, Charlotte Lake, Pisharnath Temple
Where you can stay
Located behind Masjid bang above the market has decent rooms for couple to large groups per head is Rs 700 - Rs 1000 depending on season. Food is typical Mughlai and Indian Chinese style and is very good rooms are clean staff is good. No swimming pool and few indoor games.
All the Major hotels are veg. rating them on Price / Service / Food / Rooms / Activities
- Usha Ascot - Very expensive has jain menu located centrally good pool
- Richi Rich - Decent priced - located centrally - Swimming pool was green with not replaced water - Good activites during peak season on weekend - Food is good
- Regal - Tariff is complicated though worth what you pay
- Byke Hotel - Is far from market
- Brightland - Has lot of indoor games decent pool though crowded
Non Veg Hotels
- Lords Central - Management is very warm - Rooms are large and clean - Opt for the valley view rooms - Valley view swimming pool is very good - Food is not good they need to change the chef it is very bland made for older people - Sunrise can be seen from your valley view room - They offer 33% discount on weekdays and have special packages for senior citizens. Call them in advance rooms are few and always booked.
- Horseland hotels - Owned by Brightlands - Not located ideally a bit far from the market and difficult to travel in the night after shopping - Rest all is ok - Fairly priced.
There are many other options available though aviod Anandritz Hotel everything about this hotel is disappoiting they dont have an proper sewage system and are poluting the ground water as informed by various hotel owners.